Many of you know that I have a Squidoo lens that is listed on the first page of Google for the term "MAKE MONEY ONLINE". That lens has many different ways I use to earn a full time income from home. Since it is a popular search term, I usually get lots of hits from Google. I also get lots of email from people asking me to mentor them, help them with earning money and guide them through creating a blog. The question I'm asked most often is "How can I get my blog indexed by Google?"
4WAHMs: Make Money on the Internet. This site lists all the different ways you can make money online, lists resources to help you earn more and has free advertising for those that would like to get some exposure. I had the blog indexed by Google in less than 48 hours. Here are the steps that I took to accomplish that.
1. Submit your blog to search engines. You can submit your blog to search engines individually or do what I do. I submit my blogs toSubmitExpress and SubmitPlus. Submitting your blog will be a little time consuming. Many of the smaller search engines will ask you to register your blog on their particular site. This means you may end up doing it several times. They will send you a confirmation link to your inbox to verify that you are the owner of the blog. Take the time to do this. It will help you in the long run. I'm listed on the top position for msn's search engine for the term getting out of debt.
2. Claim your blog.
The most important place to claim ownership of your blog is Technorati. Later on you can claim your blog at MyBlogLog, BlogCatalog, SpicyPage and FuelMyBlog. These sites will help you with traffic. They are indexed regularly because of the enormous amount of fresh content and that will help your blog.
3. Register at Forums and add your blog to your signature.
The first forum you should join is Blogger Forum. You can also ask for links on the link exchange thread. At a later date, you can join other forums that are relevant to your blog's content. Most forums have active members that are constantly adding fresh content to the threads. This means they are indexed regularly and that will show up as a link for you. Be sure to add informative content to the forums. Spam is frowned upon and if you are guilty of it....you will be deleted.
4. Link Love
This one may be a little tough for new bloggers. I linked 4WAHMs to several of my blogs that range from a 4 to 3 page rank. I know what you're thinking.
What if I don't have a blog to link to with a decent page rank?
If you want a link from this blog (PR4), you can write a review of it and get a link back.
Here are the rules:
1. Write a review about this site and use Getting Out of Debt as the anchor text (hyperlink). The URL is http://getting-out-of-debt.blogspot.com/
2. Leave a comment here with your blogger name and the URL of the review.
You can get even more links by writing reviews of the following sites:
1. SEO Link Building Services (PR1)
2. An Autism Blog (PR0)
3. Gift Giving Made Easy (PR1)
4. Pro Blogging 411 (PR1)
5. Sending Smiles Across the Miles (PR3)
6. SuperMom 2005 (PR3)
Here are a few more bloggers that are offering links for reviews:
1. www.JohnChow.com (PR6)
2. www.CareerRamblings.com (PR6)
3. www.TylerCruz.com (PR5)
4. Make Money With a 13 yr old (PR4)
5. TheBlogHog (PR3)
6. An Army Wife's Life (RR5)
How can writing these reviews and getting these links from high PR sites help you?
Page Rank is very important, especially when you want to make money online writing reviews. The more links you have from sites with decent page rank, the more money you can make. ReviewMe charges $400.00 for a review on John Chow's Blog. He gets $200.00 for a 200 word review, the company gets the other $200.00. Think about it. Wouldn't you like to earn $200.00 per review?
5. Submit posts to BlogCarnivals.
Blog Carnivals are hosted on different blogs and are about various topics. They accomplish two things: traffic and link love. Find a carnival that is relevant to your blog's niche and submit, submit, submit. Be sure to link back to the carnival when they are posted. If you really want to gain lots of links quickly, host a carnival. Everyone that participates in a carnival is given the instruction to link back to the carnival. That means you may be getting lots and lots of links in a matter of a day!
I hope you enjoyed this post. Favorite this site on Technorati, bookmark on delicious and subscribe to the blog! It will be greatly appreciated! Be sure to leave a comment!
How to Get Free Traffic to Your Blog or Site!
How to Use PTRs (Paid to Read Sites) to Get Free Advertising